No matter what position you hold, whether you’re a high-powered lawyer or blue-collar worker, there are certain common issues and concerns for men. One such example is worrying about reproductive health and potency. These days, though, there is less reason than ever to feel that you have to rely on limited or unsafe options when it comes to handling issues like erectile dysfunction. A penile implant may be your ideal solution—here are 10 reasons why you may want to think about getting one.
1. A Variety of Options: There are several different types of penile implants: the three-piece inflatable, two-piece inflatable, and semi-rigid/malleable rods. Your goals and health will determine which is the best fit for you.
2. Insurance Coverage: If you have a medical cause of ED, penile implants are generally covered by most insurance plans, including Medicare.
3. Effective: For many people, drugs are the first choice when dealing with erectile dysfunction, but depending on the root cause (ie. diabetes, coronary artery disease, prostate cancer or radiation), they may not achieve the desired effect. Penile implants provide a highly successful long term solution when the pills and/or injections fail.
4. Treats Other Issues: Penile implants can also serve as a treatment for conditions that cause erections to curve and become painful, like Peyronie's disease.
5. The Ideal Solution: Note that penile implants allow you to have an erection for as long as you want, whenever you want. If you ejaculate, you still maintain your erection until your partner is satisfied. Additionally, it has no impact on penile sensation or your ability to have an orgasm or ejaculate.
6. Durable: On average, a penile implant has a lifespan of around ten years.
7. Minimal Recovery Time: Generally, a man can resume sexual intercourse only 4 weeks after their surgery.
8. Invisible: Most penile implants are not noticeable when flaccid, and your partner will not be able to tell you had one unless you choose to tell them.
9. Fit Your Needs/Situation: Don’t feel that you are going to be placed in a situation that may not work for you just because it works for others. Before you even consider getting started, you and your doctor will have much discussion about a variety of factors that will determine what implant is most suitable. These include:
body size and type
size of the penis, glans, and scrotum
the presence of colostomy
whether or not the penis is circumcised
overall health and well-being
10. High Satisfaction Rates: Many people hold concern about penile implants due misinformation and lack education. However, 97% of men who have the procedure report being satisfied with the results. This makes sense, when you consider the fact that the procedure is minimally invasive, completed in only 30-40 minutes, and has a modest recovery with results that are absolutely transformational!!!
Despite the innovations and advancement when it comes to penile implants, it’s perfectly understandable if you’re on the fence about getting one. For this reason, you want to feel comfortable by working with one of the top penile implant surgeons in the USA and across the world. Learn more about Dr. Shawn Blick and his services at our website, https://www.doctorblick.com/